The Worldwide Violin Competitors of Indianapolis (IVCI) in Indianapolis, Indiana, has named 40 violinists from all over the world to participate in its eleventh quadrennial version.
Open to violinists aged between 16 and 30 years previous, the IVCI this yr acquired 103 purposes from 21 nations. Total, these chosen characterize 16 nations throughout 5 continents and vary from ages 17 to 29.
The 2022 individuals are:
- Ji Hyun Baik (South Korea), 23
- Joshua Brown (United States), 22
- Maya Anjali Buchanan (United States/India), 22
- I-hao Cheng (Taiwan), 23
- Karisa Chiu (United States), 23
- Jung Min Choi (South Korea), 28
- Isabelle Durrenberger (United States), 23
- Hiu Sing Fan (Hong Kong, China), 25
- Rennosuke Fukuda (Japan), 22
- KayCee Galano (Philippines), 21
- Ria Honda (Japan), 22
- YiYang Hou (China), 17
- Sirena Huang (United States), 28
- Marie-Astrid Hulot (France), 24
- Anna Im (South Korea), 24
- Inés Issel Burzyńska (Poland/Spain), 21
- Miray Ito (United States), 19
- Yiliang Jiang (China), 26
- Gyehee Kim (South Korea), 29
- Haram Kim (South Korea), 24
- Jeein Kim (South Korea), 26
- SooBeen Lee (South Korea), 21
- Yoojin Lee (South Korea), 23
- Emma Meinrenken (Canada/Germany), 23
- Nathan Meltzer (United States), 22
- Elias David Moncado (Germany), 21
- Audrey Park (United States), 19
- Yue Qian (China), 27
- Rubén Ernesto Rengel Cardona (Venezuela), 27
- Julian Rhee (United States), 22
- Cosima Soulez Larivière (France/The Netherlands), 25
- Yukiko Uno (Japan), 26
- Wendi Wang (China), 24
- Jaewon Wee (South Korea), 22
- Claire Wells (United States), 21
- Victoria Wong (Australia), 24
- Katherine Woo (United States), 24
- Christine Wu (United States), 27
- Cherry Yeung (Hong Kong), 25
- Minami Yoshida (Japan), 24
They may attend the occasion’s opening ceremonies on September 9, 2022, adopted by 16 days of preliminaries, semi-finals, a classical finals spherical with the East Coast Chamber Orchestra, plus the finals spherical with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and conductor Leonard Slatkin.
The competitors entails the most important prize bundle in IVCI historical past — valued at over $350,000. The Gold Medalist will obtain a money prize of $75,000, a Carnegie Corridor recital debut, CD recording contract, web site growth and upkeep, in addition to profession administration and worldwide live performance engagements for 4 subsequent years.
All six Laureates will obtain money prizes and the prospect to make use of one among a number of devices within the IVCI assortment, together with the 1683 “ex-Gingold” Stradivari violin, till the following version of the competitors in 2026.
Chaired by IVCI jury president and inventive director Jaime Laredo, the competitors jury contains Noah Bendix-Balgley, Ivan Chan, Pamela Frank, Yuzuko Horigome, Dong-Suk Kang, Cho-Liang Lin, Mihaela Martin, and Liviu Prunaru.
Earlier main prize winners of the competitors embrace Leonidas Kavakos, Judith Ingolfsson, Sergey Khachatryan, Simone Lamsma, Mihaela Martin, Ida Kavafian — and VC Artists Rochard Lin, Augustin Hadelich, Tessa Lark, Ji Younger Lim, Yoojin Jang, and Benjamin Beilman.