We’re coming to you from the Consulate Common of Japan in New York for a particular “Summer season Tune from Japan” live performance offered by Charlotte White’s Salon De Virtuosi.
This live performance options violinist Miray Ito with pianist Lora Tchekoratova, and 2020 Salon De Virtuosi profession grant winner Zac Zinger performing the shakuhachi with pianist Martha Kato. This system options works by Richard Strauss and Nigel Hess, and conventional Japanese and jazz tunes on shakuhachi.
Salon de Virtuosi has been supporting excellent younger musicians on the early levels of their careers since 1989, with beneficiant profession grants and efficiency alternatives.
Among the many artists offered in its earlier years embrace Gil Shaham, Lang Lang, Philippe Quint, Pablo Sainz Villegas, Conrad Tao — and VC Artists Josef Spacek, Paul Huang, Zlatomir Fung, Nathan Meltzer, and Yesong Sophie Lee.
WEDNESDAY JULY 16 | 7:30 PM (ET)
SALON DE VIRTUOSI PRESENTS SUMMER SONG FROM JAPAN
CONSULATE GENERAL OF JAPAN | NEW YORK CITY
Miray Ito (Violin) | Lora Tchekoratova (Piano)
- R. Strauss | Violin Sonata in E-flat Main, Op. 18
- 1. Allegro, ma non troppo
- 2. Improvisation: Andante cantabile
- 3. Finale: Andante – Allegro
- Nigel Hess | Girls in Lavender
Zac Zinger (Shakuhachi) | Martha Kato (Piano)
- Conventional | Hanagasa Ondo (arr. Zac Zinger)
- Zac Zinger | Uguisu Takes Flight
- Conventional | Shika No Tone (arr. Zac Zinger)
- Zac Zinger | An American in Tokyo