We’re coming to you from New York Metropolis for a particular “The Musical Soul of Hungary” live performance offered by Charlotte White’s Salon de Virtuosi.
This program options violinists Mariam and Amira Abouzahra, accompanied by Nóra Emődy, and pianist Ying Li, performing works by Halvorsen, Ysaye, Hubey, Weiner, Brahms, Mozart, Bartok, and Liszt.
Salon de Virtuosi has been supporting excellent younger musicians on the early levels of their careers since 1989, with beneficiant profession grants and efficiency alternatives.
Among the many artists offered in its earlier years embrace Gil Shaham, Lang Lang, Philippe Quint, Pablo Sainz Villegas, Conrad Tao — and VC Artists Josef Spacek, Paul Huang, Zlatomir Fung, Nathan Meltzer, and Yesong Sophie Lee.
THURSDAY MAY 12TH | 7:30 PM (ET)
SALON DE VIRTUOSI PRESENTS THE MUSICAL SOUL OF HUNGARY
NEW YORK CITY
Mariam Abouzahra (Violin) | Amira Abouzahra (Violin/Viola) | Nóra Emődy (Piano)
- Halvorsen | Passacaglia in G minor on a Theme by Georg Friedrich Händel
- Ysaÿe | Caprice d’après l’Étude en forme de valse de C. Saint-Saëns
- Hubay | Carmen – Fantaisie Brillante
- Weiner | Divertimento Op. 20 (excerpts)
- Brahms | Hungarian Dance
- Arr. Amira and Miriam | Perpetuum cell by Carl Bohm
Ying Li (Piano)
- Mozart | Piano Sonata in B-flat Main, Okay.333
- Bartók | Piano Sonata BB 88, Sz. 80
- Liszt | Paraphrase on Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Brahms | Intermezzo in A Main, Op. 118 No. 2